Title VII: EU DATABASE FOR STAND-ALONE HIGH-RISK AI SYSTEMS
EU DATABASE FOR HIGH-RISK AI SYSTEMS
EU database for high-risk AI systems
1. The Commission shall, in collaboration with the Member States, set up and maintain a public EU database containing information referred to in paragraphs 2 and 2a concerning high-risk AI systems referred to in Article 6 (2) which are registered in accordance with Article 51.
2. The data listed in Annex VIII, Section A, shall be entered into the EU database by the providers.
2 a. The data listed in Annex VIII, Section B, shall be entered into the EU database by the deployers who are or who act on behalf of public authorities or Union institutions, bodies, offices or agencies and by deployers who are undertakings referred to in Article 51(1a) and (1b).
3. Information contained in the EU database shall be freely available to the public, user-friendly and accessible, easily navigable and machine-readable containing structured digital data based on a standardised protocol.
4. The EU database shall contain personal data only insofar as necessary for collecting and processing information in accordance with this Regulation. That information shall include the names and contact details of natural persons who are responsible for registering the system and have the legal authority to represent the provider or the deployer which is a public authority or Union institution, body, office or agency or a deployer acting on their behalf or a deployer which is an undertaking referred to in Article 51(1a)(b) and (1b).
5. The Commission shall be the controller of the EU database. It shall also ensure to providers and deployers adequate technical and administrative support.
The database shall comply with the accessibility requirements of Annex I to Directive (EU) 2019/882.